Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I heart Jonathan Adler

                           How awesome is Jonathan Adler?? A few years ago I was visiting my mom while she was doing some re-decorating. She was looking for unique pottery for her bathroom, so we headed off to one of our favorite home decor spots, Magnolia in Tampa. Magnolia has an eclectic mix of furniture and home accessories, and had just begun carrying a few pieces of Jonathan Adler. I remembered visiting the JA store in New York sometime after graduating from college, and was excited to share such a fun designer with my mom. I can't remember if she bought anything that day, but he definitely stuck with her. A few months later, I was moving and doing some decorating of my own. My mom was on vacation in Chicago and visited the new JA store there. I clearly get my shopping chops from my mom- she called me at work to tell me that she had found the perfect pillows for my apartment, and to ask me if I wanted her to have them sent. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I said YES!! Ever since, the pillows have been a huge topic of conversation in our house, and I have certainly kept my eye on Mr. Adler. He recently came out with his new line of pottery, the Santorini collection. I can't help but remember the Greek area of the museums I visited on school trips as a kid. Of course, the protocol then was to laugh at all the imagery painstakingly drawn onto each piece. With fun names like Iris, Artemis, and Persephone these pieces elicit that fun feeling of being a kid in the museum, with nothing to do but laugh at the silly old art. For a girl on a budget, the Santorini collection is a great was to bring some whimsy and fun into your home without spending a fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment