Sunday, July 17, 2011

A shoestring budget doesn't mean a life without Fab finds!!



As a fashionista on a seriously restricted budget, I am always looking for deals and steals. I recently came across a new members-only online shopping community thanks to my dear friend Gwynnie and her blog GOOP. OK, so maybe Gwynnie is of the Paltrow variety and not my friend in real life, but her blog is fantastic, and I have used it as a source for everything from an affordable (and amazing) hotel room in Paris to my current workout regiment. When she recently sent out a survey to her readers asking about online shopping sites, I had to investigate. Gilt and RueLaLa were already faves of mine, so on to FAB.COM I went. A day later I was accepted as a member and discovered that unlike Gilt or even furniture sights like One Kings Lane, Fab had a very unique blend of modern furniture from yet-to-be-dicovered manufacturers, to hand-made wood jewelry, and finally my absolutely favorite fab find, the glammed up, punk inspired clutches from Lost City Products. The handmade, one-of-a-kind bags normally retail for $145, but were $94 on Fab. Of course, I snatched up the Clash (yep, named for the band), and literally had to pull myself away from the computer screen to avoid purchasing a second. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the company, known for their interesting, forensic lab-inspired pillows, was started by an F.I.T. grad and hires artisans who would otherwise lose their livelihood thanks to the easier and more cost effective practice of mass producing everything. I think I've found my go-to clutch for everything from cocktail hour to after-hours. Hey, every girl can use a little rock-and-roll in her life, right??






No comments:

Post a Comment